Anushka Sharma’s home production opens its account with this film which Phantom has co-produced, directed by Navdeep Singh who has a critically acclaimed film to his credit, Manorama 6 Feet Under. It’s a multi-composer soundtrack, still the soul of the album is uniform and very different from the usual Bollywood stuff.
CLICK HERE to buy Full Soundtrack of NH10 from iTUNES!!
CLICK to Listen Full Songs
Music Label: Eros Music
1. Chhil Gaye Naina – Singers: Kanika Kapoor, Dipanshu Pandit; Music: Sanjeev Darshan; Lyrics: Kumaar – Unintentionally, but finally Kanika Kapoor gets to sing something different from her usual Meet Bros stuff. Due to her efficacious vocals, the song is provided with the required energy with all those Electric Guitars that make these type of songs affable to ears. Dipanshu Pandit leaves his positive impact with his alaap in the interlude. This is undoubtedly the catchiest song of the album and the most mass-oriented too. Slightly cliche but a likable melody from Sanjeev Darshan. #WelcomeSong
2. Le Chal Mujhe (Male) / Le Chal Mujhe (Female) / Le Chal Mujhe (Reprise) – Mohit Chauhan / Shilpa Rao / Arijit Singh; Music: Bann Chakraborty; Lyrics: Bann Chakraborty, Abhiruchi Chand – A sluggish melody that strongly invites you to take a wonderful nap with three version from three amazing singers. It spreads drowsiness in the atmosphere to the extremity and not in a good way. It takes hell of a time to first understand the melody as it’s very offbeat and till you understand it, you find yourself in a deep sleep mode. It’s a very different attempt and hard to digest.
3. Main Jo – Singers: Nayantara Bhatkal, Savera Mehta; Music: Ayush Shreshtha, Savera Mehta; Lyrics: Manoj Tapadia – Again a uniquely crafted composition seems to be having the Spanish essence with singers rendering perfectly having Nayantara sounding like Shalmali and Savera souding like Nikhil D’Souza. Nayantara, in particular is damn cute with her lustrous vocals keeping the mood light and chilling. Great work through Accordion. Good attempt.
4. Khoney De / Khoney De (Instrumental) – Singers: Mohit Chauhan, Neeti Mohan; Music: Bann Chakraborty; Lyrics: Bann Chakraborty – Surprisingly, this extended version of the three versions of Le Chal Mujhe is far better than the original ones. It seems to be the impact of the duet as Mohit Chauhan and Shilpa Rao make a great jodi. Bann Chakraborty has improvised the arrangements a bit which helps in making this song sound a bit different from the other three versions. Piano has been utilized well. Its offbeat nature has actually come out to be the best quality of this track. Lovable orchestration in the instrumental version with a beautiful Saxophone, sizzling enough to attract listeners. Nicely arranged.
5. Maati Ka Palang – Singer: Samira Koppikar; Music: Samira Koppikar; Lyrics: Neeraj Rajawat – Samira does a fab job but it is the arrangement which has been done flawlessly. The way the Sitar and Tabla has been fused giving it a complete Indie flavor, is the real beauty of this track. Samira as a composer could have worked more on the tune as it’s quite unembellished. Excellent arrangement!
6. Kya Karein – Singer: Rachel Varghese; Music: Savera Mehta, Ayush Shreshtha; Lyrics: Varun Grover – Particularly, this track is the weirdest of all. It’s too slow to create any impact. Rachel justifies the mood of the track but Savera and Ayush, the composers have experimented too much with the mood and made the song extremely dull with no melodic power to retain listeners. Poor attempt.
The Final Verdict: OKAY
The Verdict Order: DISAGREE < NOT A PROBLEM < OKAY < POSSIBLE < AGREE