Zoya Akhtar is back with yet again a classy multi-starer about a millionaire Mehra family. You need not have a second thought in guessing the composers as Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy are fixed forever for Zoya Akhtar’s films. Let’s see what the most reliable trio have come up with.
CLICK HERE to buy Full Soundtrack of Dil Dhadakne Do from iTUNES!!
CLICK to Listen Full Songs
Music: Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy; Lyrics: Javed Akhtar; Music Label: T-Series
1. Dil Dhadakne Do – Singers: Priyanka Chopra, Farhan Akhtar – The title track starts off with a dazzling mood created by Trumpets quite well and Priyanka Chopra sounds lovingly confident, making a little extra husky Farhan Akhtar’s vocals sound proficient but the sudden arrival of the hook line dulls the atmosphere. It doesn’t match the mood of the whole song resulting in oddness. Why such a dull hook line!!!
2. Pehli Baar – Singers: Sukriti Kakkar, Siddharth Mahadevan – This is a typical soft rock composition from the trio managed perfectly by Siddharth and Sukriti, efficient beats being the centre of attraction and the ever-awesome Guitar arrangements develop the addiction with the help of addictive tune found in the line “dil mera kehne laga…” Surprisingly, its name “Pehli Baar”, appears the least in the song. Typically lovable S-E-L track!
3. Gallan Goodiyaan – Singers: Yashita Sharma, Manish Kumar Tipu, Farhan Akhtar, Shankar Mahadevan, Sukhwinder Singh – The trio always shows their mastery in these ceremony-related tracks by their catchy composition but here, barring the hook line, the song is hardly impressive. The hook line also sounds very familiar to their previous tracks and also that Guitar, though lovely, depict familiarity. Catchy hook line but nothing else to boast about.
4. Girls Like To Swing – Singer: Sunidhi Chauhan – It’s Sunidhi’s show all the way. A very different jazz style composition which Sunidhi handles with utter smoothness. She takes the already amazing composition to another level by her vibrant singing where when she says “swing”, it actually seems like we are “swinging” while listening to it. Stylized!
5. Phir Bhi Yeh Zindagi – Singers: Farhan Akhtar, Vishal Dadlani, Divya Kumar, Alyssa Mendosa, Sapna Pathak – Now this is something lovable as well as highly innovative. Such a great ensemble of singers getting appropriate portions suitable for their vocals. Each one of them has done extremely impressive performances along with the lovely chrous part, easily contributing to the song to be the best of the lot. Highly innovative, highly recommended #WelcomeSong
Inspite of having some disappointing experimentation, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy deliver a decent soundtrack!
The Final Verdict: POSSIBLE
The Verdict Order: DISAGREE < NOT A PROBLEM < OKAY < POSSIBLE < AGREE