ABCD was that very soundtrack with which Sachin-Jigar had flown to another level of creativity. Directed by Remo D’Souza, this film is wholly based on Dance and unlike its first part, it has two star actors Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor.
CLICK HERE to buy Full Soundtrack of ABCD 2 from iTUNES!!
CLICK to Listen Full Songs
Music: Sachin-Jigar; Music Label: Zee Music Company
1. Chunar – Singer: Arijit Singh; Lyrics: Mayur Puri – A dance soundtrack starts from a soulful song rendered efficaciously by none other than Arijit who comfortably draws us into his own zone and helps Sachin-Jigar’s soulful tune sound mesmerizing to ears. Composers have efficiently used the techno sounds built on the background of a raag-inspired tune. The song starts with a beautiful work on Strings, the sound of Electric Sitar follows and mildly develops into a melodious rhythmic flow. How beautifully Mayur Puri describes the motherly love in the line jab jab mujhpe utha sawaal, maayi teri chunariya lehraayi.If one compares all the songs that have been made on central theme as mother, there’s a huge possibility of this song turning out to be the best one till now. Best song on mother till date!! #WelcomeSong
2. Sun Saathiya – Singer: Priya Saraiya, Divya Kumar; Lyrics: Priya Saraiya – A person with the slightest of musical mind who has watched ABCD, would guess in no time that it was a part of the background score of that film with maximum one minute duration, which Sachin-Jigar now has turned into a full song and that might be the best decision the duo has ever taken in life. It has a fantastic Piano work, second to the one in Thoda Thoda (Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story) and Priya’s marvelous vocals aptly supported by that of Divya Kumar is sheer brilliance. A lovable melody!!
3. Bezubaan Phir Se – Singers: Vishal Dadlani, Anushka Manchanda, Madhav Krishna; Lyrics: Mayur Puri –Statistics says that remakes are never better than their originals. This old story continues with this track where Sachin-JIgar have utilized all techno sounds possible but failed to create something of that level. Mohit Chauhan’s portion and the rap of the previous Bezubaan were great. Although it doesn’t appeal one to give multiple hearing, still energetic enough to captivate the listener for a long time. The percussion in the ending is a superb stuff, something worth listening to. Fiery!!
4. Happy B’day – Singers: Sachin Sanghvi, Jigar Saraiya, Varun Dhawan, D. Soldierz; Lyrics: Mayur Puri, D. Soldierz – A very interesting composition on birthday where the composers have come forward on the mic along with the actor. Intriguingly fast beats with an amusing tune that force you to let yourself free and dance. By listening to it for the first time, it seems to be an ordinary track but there’s a lot of experimentation to explore. It’s a typical Sachin-Jigar fun track with excessive programming, so much so that those unreal sounding voices start sounding really good. Enjoyable!!
5. If You Hold My Hand – Singer: Benny Dayal; Lyrics: Mayur Puri – Here’s a foot-tapping romantic number that makes you bob your head for the catchy tune and jouncing rhythm. Benny Dayal is so perfect for this track that you can’t imagine it in any other voice. Mayur Puri has written it in pure Hinglish i.e one line in Hindi, the other in English which makes it an entirely youthful romantic number. I personally felt that it has an early 2000’s pop flavor that gives a 90’s born guy a slight nostalgic feel too. Delightful!!
6. Hey Ganaraya – Singer: Divya Kumar; Lyrics: Mayur Puri – As if Sachin-Jigar were’t contented with two Ganpati songs they already created in ABCD, they have come up yet again with another brilliant creation tactfully handled by Divya Kumar. How swimmingly they have blended pure classical stuff with a typical Gujarati Dhol rhythm! A classically inclined tune, awesome percussion and Mayur Puri’s aptly written lyrics along with a brilliant singing by Divya makes it a worth listen! If you are looking for something creatively brilliantly different, look here!
7. Happy Hour – Singer: Mika Singh; Lyrics: Mayur Puri – As it is the introduction song of Prabhu Deva’s character Vishnu sir who is fully drunk, Sachin-Jigar have composed the most apt tune considering a character who is drunk. Mika is good for the track; he justifies that too by his singing. It falls into the zone of Psycho Re a song in ABCD featuring Mika. Sachin-Jigar are expert in playing with techno sounds and they have played well again! Considering the situation, well, commendable!!
8. Naach Meri Jaan – Singers: Benny Dayal, Shalmali Kholgade, Siddharth Basrur, Rimi Nique; Lyrics: Mayur Puri, Rimi Nique – Another fun peppy track with less of experimentation which is rare for this album, has a feel-good catchy tune that clearly portrays the fun the characters must be having in this particular situation. Lyrics are very ordinary and nothing extraordinary was needed either. Even after being so much unique and different, Sachin-Jigar still have their Pritam sir left in them. A very Pritam-ish track.
9. Tattoo – Singer: Shefali Alvares; Lyrics: Mayur Puri – This song sadly falls into the trap of a typical desi masala item number category; atleast by the tune and by the lyrics you can tell that it has actually fallen. But Sachin-Jigar wonderfully saves it by the brilliant programming they have done, turning out to be the best in the form of ay-y-y-y-ay-y-y-y. Unless one doesn’t notice the weird experiments in the programming which are also the part of he interludes, the song doesn’t appeal at all. Programming doesn’t let it becoming ordinary.
10. Vande Mataram – Singers: Daler Mehndi, Tanishka Sanghvi, Badshah, Divya Kumar; Lyrics: Mayur Puri, Badshah – The longest song of the album and hence without any guesses it is definitely the finale song of the dance competition in the movie. A versatile patriotic song that has singers from classically trained Daler Mehndi to rapper Badshah. Each of them justify their role fruitfully. The coordination between Daler Mehndi and Divya Kumar is endearing. But obviously the best of all turns out to be Sachin’s daughter Tanishka who, with her childlike voice, spreads innocence in the intense patriotic atmosphere. A well-crafted track!
Sachin-Jigar already in their top form, adds another gem to their bucket!
The Final Verdict: AGREE
The Verdict Order: DISAGREE < NOT A PROBLEM < OKAY < POSSIBLE < AGREE
Musical Sameekshaa Monthly Awards (June 2015)
Singer of the Month (Female): Priya Saraiya – Sun Saathiya (ABCD 2)
Singer of the Month (Male): Divya Kumar – Hey Ganaraya (ABCD 2)
Singer Jodi of the Month: Sukriti Kakkar & Siddharth Mahadevan – Pehli Baar (Dil Dhadakne Do)
Composer of the Month (Song): Sachin-Jigar – Hey Ganaraya (ABCD 2)
Lyricist of the Month: Mayur Puri – Chunar (ABCD 2)
Composer of the Month (Album): Sachin-Jigar – ABCD 2
Song of the Month: Chunar – ABCD 2 (Sachin-Jigar, Mayur Puri)
Album of the Month: ABCD 2 – Zee Music Company