Kunal Khemu is back after a long time with a film produced by T-Series, directed by Shivam Nair. It has music by Yo Yo Honey Singh, Mithoon, Arko and Devi Shri Prasad.
CLICK to Listen Full Songs
Music Label: T-Series
1. Daddy Mummy – Singers: Devi Shri Prasad (DSP), MM Manasi; Music: Devi Shri Prasad (DSP); Lyrics: Kumaar – Kumaar shows his vulgar avatar on the Hindi remake of a Telugu song ‘Aakalesthe Annam pedatha’ from the movie ‘Shankar Dada Zindabad’ The techno tune that constantly plays in the song is catchy and attractive yet quite stodgy. MM Manasi does have an attractive voice but doesn’t have the ability to hold the listeners for long. A repetitive sounding stuff with extremely cheap lyrics.
2. Iss Qadar Pyar Hai – Singer: Ankit Tiwari; Music: Arko; Original Music: Sajid-Wajid; Lyrics: Arko; Original Lyrics: Faaiz Anwaar – Have you heard the original one? Yes? Then it must be among your favorite songs. And you definitely won’t feel good for your favorite song to be spoiled. Arko is not to be blamed. T-Series is to be blamed here. Ankit Tiwari in not anyway can reach to what Sonu Nigam had done in this song from his very first album Deewana. The change that Arko brought in the first line of antara spoils everything. The rest is handled by Ankit’s vocals. Attempt it to hear how it sounds in 2015.
3. Aankhon Aankhon – Singer: Yo Yo Honey Singh; Music: Yo Yo Honey Singh; Lyrics: Yo Yo Honey Singh – Obviously when it’s Honey Singh, it has to be catchy. The point is that it’s not addictive. You are not eager to hear it more after the first attempt. That’s enough to say how good or bad this song is as there are no other measures like melody, instruments, arrangements to judge the goodness of the song. Catchy but neither addictive nor groovy.
4. Kinna Sona – Singer: Sunil Kamath; Music: Mithoon; Lyrics: Amitabh Verma – After a very long time, Mithoon is back in his original form, the way he used to compose in his early days though the composition unfortunately doesn’t turn out so well. Still, considering the level of the album, it is such a relief to finally here a soulful original composition. Sunil Kamath’s vocals are perfectly suiting the mood of the song which has been arranged well enough to be liked. A relief!
5. Meri Zindagi – Singer: Rahul Vaidya; Music: Mithoon; Lyrics: Amitabh Verma – It’s a delight listening to Rahul Vaidya after such a long time in a film soundtrack. His voice has grown mature but his vocals are as smooth as they were during Indian Idol days. After hearing the song, one wishes his more appearances in future. Mithoon’s composition is likable though it does lack that Mithoon-ish addiction, still it’s a decent one. Something to listen for. #WelcomeSong
Even after delivering ordinary compositions, Mithoon still saves this hopeless album wonderfully!
The Final Verdict: NOT A PROBLEM
The Verdict Order: DISAGREE < NOT A PROBLEM < OKAY < POSSIBLE < AGREE