Shakun Batra is back after a very long time since the release of his previous rom-com Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu which had Amit Trivedi as the composer. This time he has tried his hands on a multiple composer album. The songs are composed by Amaal Mallik, Badshah, Tanishk Bagchi, Arko, Nucley & Benny Dayal.
CLICK to Listen Full Songs
Music Label: Sony Music
1. Kar Gayi Chull – Singers: Badshah, Fazilpuria, Sukriti Kakar, Neha Kakkar; Music: Badshah (Recreated by Amaal Mallik); Lyrics: Badshah, Kumaar – This very popular party number of Badshah featuring Fazilpuria has been recreated by Amaal Mallik, retaining both of them as singers and adding Sukriti and Neha make it sound more glamorous. The offensive lyrics have been turned up towards decency by Kumaar while the mukhda has been retained. The song is undoubtedly extremely catchy and groovy, being perfect mood setter for the parties.
2. Bolna – Singers: Arijit Singh, Asees Kaur; Music: Tanishk Bagchi; Lyrics: Dr. Devender Kafir – Arijit’s earthy vocals work tremendously in the favor of the song. More than half of the impression of the song is made just by the first line. It’s so beautifully composed with a tinge of familiarity that one is easily able to croon it. Asees Kaur seems to be decent though not much could be revealed about her vocals in the track. Instantly likable.
3. Buddhu Sa Mann – Singers: Armaan Malik, Amaal Mallik; Music: Amaal Mallik; Lyrics: Abhiruchi Chand – An EDM track by Mallik brothers that quite easily snares your attention has a very Dharma-like lyrics which together makes a nice familiar-novel combo. Armaan is so perfect for the track that it’s hard to think of any other voice that could do justice to the track. Whistle plays poignant role in attracting the listeners. A feel-good track.
4. Saathi Rey – Singer: Arko; Music: Arko; Lyrics: Manoj Muntashir – The sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought. The only sad song in the album turns out to be the most effective one having Arko on the vocals as well with his impactful voice crooning a melancholic composition that is well-structured and well-arranged. The piano notes are superb. The saddest sounds the sweetest. #WelcomeSong
5. Let’s Nacho – Singers: Badshah, Benny Dayal; Music: Nucleya & Benny Dayal; Lyrics: Kumaar, Christopher Pradeep – The weakest track of the album which Badshah and Benny totally fail to impact. The composition is loosely structured, having beats and techno sounds that are heard so many times before. Worst for the Last.
This multiple composer album of Dharma has Arko shining while Amaal and Tanishk remaining in their impressive form.
The Final Verdict: OKAY
The Verdict Order: DISAGREE < NOT A PROBLEM < OKAY < POSSIBLE < AGREE