Abhishek Chaubey is finally out of his Ishqiya zone and is ready for his dark comedy which has Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor and Diljit Dosanjh in lead roles. Music is given by Amit Trivedi.
CLICK HERE to buy the Soundtrack of Udta Punjab from iTUNES!!
CLICK to Listen Full Songs
Music: Amit Trivedi; Music Label: Zee Music Company
1. Chitta Ve – Singers: Babu Haabi, Shahid Mallya, Bhanu Prtap; Lyrics: Shellee – A full on hardcore EDM track that does not have much space for the lyrics and relies mainly on the beats that really groove you to the extreme. The lyrics, if any, is in the form of two raps that fail to work yet the atmosphere that has been created by Amit is commendable.
2. Da Da Dasse – Singers: Kanika Kapoor, Babu Haabi; Lyrics: Shellee – Kanika is used quite late by Amit but he has made sure that he uses her uniquely. She sounds very justifying to the composition which is a blend of folksy melody and EDM treatment. The rap again is not able to live up to its expectation and Babu Haabi again fails to impress though the atmosphere that has been created might remind you of Dev D.
3. Ikk Kudi / Ikk Kudi (Reprise) – Singer: Shahid Mallya / Diljit Dosanjh; Lyrics: (from the poem by) Late Shri Shiv Kumar Batalvi – This non-EDM track, the lyrics of which has been adapted from a poem by the same name, Amit has nicely made this Punjabi poem his own by using Guitars and Drums in his very own style which is witnessed in many of his songs. Reprise is somewhat has a Rock background while Mallya’s version is more bassy. Both the arrangements go well with the vocals. #WelcomeSong
4. Ud-Daa Punjab – Singers: Amit Trivedi, Vishal Dadlani; Lyrics: Varun Grover – Sounding like Angreji Beat in the beginning, this song does not have Yo Yo or Badshah for the rap but Vishal Dadlani who handles the part impressively giving the apt emphasis on each word. Amit sings the main portion with utmost zeal and Varun’s lyrics thoroughly entertains.
5. Hass Nach Le – Singer: Shahid Mallya; Lyrics: Shellee – Amidst those high voltage EDM tracks, this soulful Sufi stands out with brilliance. Shahid Mallya shows his excellence in this beautifully written song which has bass inserted by Amit at such an appropriate place that the sound glorifies the track wonderfully. Soothing.
6. Vadiya – Singer: Amit Trivedi; Lyrics: Shellee – It does not remain just an EDM track; Amit has taken it to the Trance level. The song has familiarity with Queen’s O Gujariya in arrangements while Amit’s singing too gives the heard-before feeling which unfortunately does not make it a complete package though in terms of Trance, it is promising.
Amit Trivedi promises a cocktail of EDM and Punjabi folk and he delivers the best in that.
The Final Verdict: POSSIBLE
The Verdict Order: DISAGREE < NOT A PROBLEM < OKAY < POSSIBLE < AGREE
Musical Sameekshaa Monthly Awards (June 2016)
Singer of the Month (Female): Monali Thakur – Dhanak (Dhanak)
Singer of the Month (Male): Devu Khan Manganiyar – Dum-A-Dum (Dhanak)
Singer Jodi of the Month: Chet Dixon & Devu Khan Manganiyar – Dum-A-Dum (Dhanak)
Composer of the Month (Song): Tapas Relia – Dum-A-Dum (Dhanak)
Lyricist of the Month: Amitabh Bhattacharya – Kyun Re (TE3N)
Composer of the Month (Album): Tapas Relia – Dhanak
Song of the Month: Dhanak – Dhanak (Tapas Relia, Mir Ali Husain)
Album of the Month: Udta Punjab – Zee Music Company