With the departure of the sixth month of the year, the half year is about to complete and we have already witnessed some really good music. So, what the Hindi film music was upto these months?
April was mostly a dull affair, having some interesting songs released, but mostly remained unappealing. The charm of April has to be Mithoon’s Ji Huzoori in Ki & Ka but there were some experimentation in Laal Rang, some innocence in Nil Battey Sannata and the much-needed commercial angle in Baaghi.
May went totally to Sarbjit having variety of melodious songs with right amount of familiarity and novelty, supported by Azhar, Cabaret and Traffic while Waiting turned out to be another welcome surprise for the listeners.
June actually was the best having three superb albums, namely Dhanak, TE3N and Udta Punjab. All three had huge amount of creativity as well as the much needed relatability. It also had some pretty decent ones like Do Lafzon Ki Kahani and Raman Raghav 2.0 which did impress.
Five First-Class (Not in any order or rating):
1. Ji Huzoori – Ki & Ka (Singers: Mithoon, Deepali (Backing Vocals: Arun Daga); Music: Mithoon; Lyrics: Sayeed Quadri; Music Label: T-Series)
2. Bol Do Na Zara – Azhar (Singer: Armaan Malik; Music: Amaal Mallik; Lyrics: Rashmi Virag; Music Label: T-Series)
3. Salamat – Sarbjit (Singer: Arijit Singh; Music: Amaal Mallik; Lyrics: Rashmi Virag; Music Label: T-Series)
4. Dard – Sarbjit (Singer: Sonu Nigam; Music: Jeet Gannguli; Lyrics: Rashmi Virag, Jaani; Music Label: T-Series)
5. Dhanak – Dhanak (Singer: Monali Thakur; Music: Tapas Relia; Lyrics: Mir Ali Husain; Music Label: Junglee Music)