Director Rajesh Pillai is no more with us but his film definitely is. The film is featuring Manoj Bajpai, Kitu Gidwani & Jimmy Shergill which is a Hindi remake of a Tamil film by the same director and by the same name. Music is given by Mithoon and the guest composer is Shailendra Barve.
CLICK to Listen Full Songs
Music: Mithoon; Music Label: Zee Music Company
1. Keh Bhi De – Singers: Benny Dayal, Palak Muchhal; Lyrics: AM Turaz – The constant looping sound with Palak handling the mukhra pretty well sounds quite nice along with Benny in the antara who takes it to few notches higher. Inspite of all this, the composition is quite week, the melody is not as strong as you expect from Mithoon. Nonetheless, it’s easy on ears and pleasant to hear.
2. Neki Ki Raah – Singer: Arijit Singh, Mithoon; Lyrics: Mithoon – Not just the melody, but the lyrics too by Mithoon is able to leave quite an impression. Both the antaras featuring Mithoon behind the mic sounds uniquely impressive. Arijit on the other hand has got quite an easy melody this time and he handles it with equal ease.The composition is although predictable and has a heard-before feeling, still manages to impact somehow, lyrics being the prime contributor.
3. Kuch Der – Singer: Palak Muchhal, Mithoon; Lyrics: Mithoon – With stable arrangements, Mithoon cracks out this wonderful melody, melancholic in mood which Palak handles aptly. Flute sounds very authentic, and the violin after the antara has a great impact but mostly the song relies on percussion. Mithoon is audible in just one short alaap. Palak steals the show. #WelcomeSong
4. Vitthala Naam – Singer: Prasenjit Kosambi; Guest Composer: Shailendra Barve; Lyrics: Jitendra Joshi – It’s quite a dynamic composition which definitely is not a melody treat but something that tells you there must be a lot going in the film while it plays. Shailendra’s percussive arrangements are top notch. Prasenjit’s vocals are justifying that zone in which the song lies. An apt song for the film.
5. Tu Alvida – Singers: Aakanksha Sharma, Mithoon; Lyrics: Sayeed Quadri – With yet another pleasing melody Mithoon launches Aakanksha who has a really sweet voice which goes apt with this song. The melody although not strong, does not fail to impress. Mithoon joines Aakanksha later in the song and his voice gives the song the much needed novelty.
Inspite of failing to deliver some strong melodies, Mithoon does not fail to impress.
The Final Verdict: OKAY
The Verdict Order: DISAGREE < NOT A PROBLEM < OKAY < POSSIBLE < AGREE